Thursday 30 September 2010

A Lemon and Lime Birthday Party

Inspiration can strike in the most unexpected places. In early August, I had started to think of ideas for my husband's birthday. I thought I would host a lunch with some close family. Very grown up.
Of course, one thing led to another and before I knew it, I was thinking of colour schemes, cake recipes and decorations. I don't like to do things half heartedly as you may have guessed :)
It so happened that I was in my local Sainsbury's when all these thoughts were running around in my head. And there, I found my colour scheme in the fruit aisle -gorgeous yellow lemons and vivid green limes were staring at me, tempting me to think how beautiful these two colours would look when put together for a party. Fresh, zingy and vibrant.
 I bought some lemons on impulse and put them all in my lovely green hurricane vase as soon as I got in. There it was, my inspiration in a vase...
More details about the party itself soon. But in the meantime, how gorgeous are the pictures below? I am loving the tall vases with the lemons and limes in them.


Image from My Life in Pink and Green



Image from Recipe Tips




Image from vibrantbride.com
 
Beautiful arrangement


Image by  moonjazz
  A.

No comments:

Post a Comment